Welcome to The Woodlands! You’ve chosen a fantastic place to call home. However, moving and unpacking is only the first step. Once the furniture is assembled and the curtains hung, it’s time to get to know your new community.
Moving from out of state? Start here!
Moving to a new state requires more than a long drive. There are a lot of legal and logistical details to take care of when settling in a new state.
- First, you’ll need to visit the DMV to get a Texas driver’s license and register your vehicles.
- Next up: car insurance. You’ll be happy to learn car insurance rates in Texas are very reasonable.
- Don’t forget health insurance! If you’re not on Medicare and don’t have health coverage through work, you can apply for health coverage at HealthCare.gov.
Moving your small business to Texas
If you’re a small business owner, there are a few extra steps you need to take.
- Register your business in Texas. The LLC filing process in Texas is similar to other states and can be completed online via sites like ZenBusiness. For business licenses, contact your city’s business licensing division.
- Business owners are also required to dissolve their business in the old state. If you intend to domesticate your business in Texas, be sure to do so before dissolution.
- Join your local chamber of commerce.
More steps for new local residents
No matter where you’re moving from, make sure these items have a place on your to-do list.
- Update your mailing address with USPS, companies you do business with, and family and friends.
- Set up utilities.
- Register to vote.
- If not already installed, equip your new home with a smart home security system.
Getting to know Texas
Once you’re settled in, take the time to explore your new surroundings in The Woodlands.
- There’s no shortage of fun in town. Check out these fun local attractions.
- Hungry? Check out these great restaurants.
- Do you have children? Check these kid friendly adventures.
- The shopping options are unbelievable, check out the local stores.
The Woodlands and surrounding area has so much to offer! If you’ve recently moved to the area, we hope these resources help you settle in and feel at home in our community.
Are you still in search of a new home check out available properties now.
Guest article written by: